دنیای زبان انگلیسی ( بهروزپور )
لغات و اصطلاح .داستان کوتاه . شعر.جوک .ضرب المثل.اشپزی.رمان. نمایشنامه.متن دوزبانه
- a bad person
My neighbor is a bad egg and you should avoid him.
egg (someone) on or egg on (someone)
- to encourage someone to do something (often something bad or wrong or dangerous)
The boys egged their friend on to jump into the water.
- a good person
The man is a good egg. Everybody likes him a lot.
have egg on one`s face
- to be embarrassed (because of an obvious error)
The man has egg on his face now that he has admitted that he was wrong about his boss.
lay an egg
- to give a bad performance of something
The singer laid an egg during her concert last evening.
put all one's eggs in one basket
- to risk everything at once
I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket and only invest money in real estate.
teach one's grandmother to suck eggs
- to try to tell someone who has more knowledge than you how to do something
I tried to teach my friend about computers but he is a computer expert. It was like teaching my grandmother to suck eggs.
|[ فالب وبلاگ : وبلاگ اسکین ] [ Weblog Themes By : weblog skin ]|